I haven’t been posting much lately. Lets see what I’ve bee up to:
- I’ve repaired 6 Chromebooks this week. There will be more tomorrow.
- Apple is replacing a damaged iPad because I am wicked polite and prepared with documentation.
- I’m not going up the 20′ ladder. Just no.
- I’ve finished yet another stocking, except for the name. I’m putting it off because I’m not sure about placement. Probably, I should make it easy to remove and change if they want to.
- Accidentally ruined my favorite hiking boots.
- Took some pictures.
- Knit a hat.
- Bought Christmas cards. I’ll start filling them out as soon as I’m done with the stocking.
All in all, life has been pretty good!
Meghan and I just heard an MBTA commuter train sound out “shave-and-a-haircut” on it’s airhorn.
The feeling of sickness or indisposition resulting from excess in eating or drinking
My personal highlight of this week:
Just finished a 20 mile bike ride with Meghan. We’re sitting in a McDonalds in Danvers. At the table next to us, we’re listening to a 99 year old guy (gonna be an even 100 next month!) come over and start chatting up a group of 80-something women.
a person who’s responsibility includes delivering maximum satisfaction to their clientele
- Got Adele hot chocolate
- Saved a baby painted box turtle
Lets see what else happens today!
You know what a cardinal is, right? Little red bird with a big red attitude. I pulled into our drive way last night, and parked next to Quinn’s pretty new car. Quinn’s pretty new car is parked in front of my mother’s car (we’re car sitting while she’s Out Of The Country). I heard a noise behind me and looked in the rear view mirror.
There was a cardinal on her rear-view mirror. And it was really really angry at the cardinal inside her rear view mirror. Lets say that again for the people in the back:
There was a cardinal attacking her rear view mirror because he saw his own reflection and they are insane, territorial little beasts.
Quinn scared him off by accident, so I’m the only one who saw him. I have pictures of the results of his assault (bird poops and some weird smears on the mirror).
This morning I came out and found my rear mirror – covered in a little bit of bird poop and weird smears.
This guy is going to be a problem, I can see already.
In the most recent survey of the dead:
- 97% of respondents said that getting a vaccination was better than being dead;
- 2% said that they weren’t sure which was worse;
- 1% repeatedly asked the interviewer, “does this sheet make me look fat?”
I parked towards the top of the driveway (I was suppposed to go out for lunch, but that didn’t happen), so Dad’s car wouldn’t fit. I’m sitting here on the couch, next to Alpha, and realize …
So I gave Alpha my car keys and said, “Hey, wanna move my car for me?”
She only freaked out for 10 seconds and then she was out the door with my keys. I told her to tell Dad to help her out.
She did it. She moved my car (20 feet down the driveway). Kid is flying high on success right now. I am SO proud of her!
ps – Go. Me.