- 1 1/2 cups of rice
- 3 cups of water
- half a spoonful of minced/chopped garlic
- half a spoonful of chicken bullion
Place all above ingredients in a rice cooker, and kick it off. It should be done in about 25 minutes
- 1/2 inch thick Pork chops
- 1 Tbsp butter for each chop
- Italian breadcrumbs (about a cup)
- Parmesan cheese (enough to add some yellow to the bread crumbs)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet on the stove over about low-medium heat.
- On a plate, mix the Parmesan and the bread crumbs.
- On another, microwave-safe, plate melt the butter
- Dip the pork chops in the butter on both sides, and then dredge through the breadcrumbs. Place them on the nice, hot skillet.
- Once they are all on the skillet, give them a couple of minutes, and then flip them all over. Cook them for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Place the whole skillet in the oven for 15 minutes (for 1″ chops, 25 minutes).
Serve with the rice, applesauce, and some green veggies. Makes as many chops as you need.
Baked Fish — More than a Billion Recipes (5x12x3x12x11x12x5x12x12x6 = 1,231,718,400)
From http://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinary/comments/19x3ak/should_modern_recipes_be_consultative_or/c8s3gqz (Ken-G)
I call this a recipe template. It is a spreadsheet but shown below in text outline format.
Container (choose 1 of 5)
- Au Gratin Pan
- Baking Dish
- Single Serve
Fish (choose 1 of 12), guideline 1 pound
- Dorado/Mahi Mahi
Fat (choose 1-2 of 3), guideline 2-4 Tbsp
Liquid (choose 2-3 of 12), guideline 1/2 Cup
- Lemon Juice
- Lime Juice
- White Wine
- Balsamic Vin
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Teriyaki Sauce
Extras (choose 0-3 0f 11), guideline <1/4 Cup
- Green Onion
- Bacon Bits
Fruit/Veg (choose 0-2 of 12), guideline – not too much
- Bell Pepper
- Cajun Trinity
- Creole Mix
Cheese (choose 0-1 of 5), guideline 1/4-1/2 Cup
Spices/Herbs (choose 2-3 of 12), guideline 1/2 tsp each
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chile Flakes
Crust (choose 0-1 of 12), guideline <1 Cup
- Corn Flakes
- Flour/Egg Batter
- Panko/Bread Cr
- Pine Nuts
- Sesame Seeds
Oven Setting (choose 1 of 6), guideline Hotter=Crispier
- 325° 30-40 min
- 350° 20-30 min
- 375° 15-20 min
- 400° 10-15 min
- 450° 8-10 min
- 500° 5-8 min