Skip to the content
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine beef and sausage in a large bowl. Add garlic, onion, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. (I usually use about 1 1/4 cups of water). Shape into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches. When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel.