Quinn used to work at Margarita’s in Mystic. (Its a great place for pretty standard Mexican food. The stories that came out of that place are legendary.) He loves cooking Mexican food. I’m … okay at it. Tonight, we came up with something epic.
- hamburger (about a pound and a half was pretty good)
- two handfuls of cheese
- two dollops of salsa
- 12 tortillas
- green enchilada sauce
- sour cream and more cheese for garnishes
- chilies for more garnishes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the ground beef. When it is cooked completely, remove it from the heat and drain the grease.
- Mix in the cheese and salsa.
- Spoon the mixture into the tortillas, rolling them and placing them in a 9×13″ pan. Keep going until the pan is full or you run out of filling.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil when there is about 5 minutes left on the timer.
- Scoop out the enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese (and chilies if desired), and dump some sour cream on them for good measure.