This is a super-easy recipe. My first time trying I went from pre-heating the oven to dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
The source recipe calls for tilapia, but it should work with nearly any white fish. Really there’s no reason it couldn’t work well with darker fish like salmon or tuna, though being thicker you may need to cook longer and flip the fish halfway through, as well as increase the other ingredient amounts.
This pairs well with rice and roasted vegetables.
- Cast Iron skillet
- 1.5 pounds White fish (Tilapia or similar)
- 6 tbsp Butter melted
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F, with cast-iron pan inside
- Mix up the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes
- Toss fish into the pre-heated pan and sprinkle on some pepper. You don’t need to grease the pan first, dry is fine, the fish won’t stick.
- Pour the butter mixture evenly over the fish
- Bake for 12 minutes