This recipe was an instant hit. I have to make a double batch if I want leftovers for the next day.
It pairs well with steamed veggies like broccoli or edamame.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced as a garnish
- Rice (white or brown, your choice)
- 1/4 up packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, reduced sodium is preferred
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start some rice while you prepare the rest
- Brown the hamburger and garlic in a pan. Break it up into crumbles as it browns.
- While the hamburger is cooking, whisk the sauce ingredients (brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper, black pepper)
- When the hamburger is browned, drain off the fat and pour in the sauce. Simmer for a minute or two. Mix in the scallions.
- Serve over rice
Adapted from therecipecritic.com