We can take the long personal story as read, yeah? Straight into the recipe:
- 12 eggs
- 2 or 3 glugs* of heavy cream
- diced peppers (two colors, at least, for the pretty)
What is a glug, you ask?Tip over the jug, and stop pouring when it has made the glug noise the stated number of times. Yes, it is a technical term!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Mix all 12 eggs and the cream in a bowl using a whisk or a fork. It should get a little frothy, but not too bad.
- Pull out a muffin pan, and either spray the cups with cooking spray, or use cupcake papers (which is what I do because my muffin pans are ancient and rusty).
- Pour a roughly equal amount of egg/cream mixture into each cup.
- Drop some of the peppers into each cup.
- Drop a good-sized pinch of Mexi-cheese (or the shredded cheese of your choice) into each cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Understand – these are all guidelines. You don’t need to use peppers (asparagus is yummy), or Mexi-cheese. If you can’t handle dairy, coconut oil is a great substitute. Try things! Make mistakes! Enjoy!