I took a risk and made this for the first time to serve to my mother-in-law. (hi Joan!) It came out awesome with a half-hour’s worth of work, including prep.
By itself it’s very keto-friendly, but it screams to be served with a pasta side.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
We made this in a 14″ cast-iron skillet, which was the perfect size.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat until no longer pink, maybe 3-5 minutes per side.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate, wipe down excess oil from the skillet.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk or stir over medium high heat until it starts to thicken. Keep the sauce in motion so it doesn’t caramelize and burn into the pan.
- Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes; let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Pairs very well with rotini or egg noodles.