It has been close to three years since I wrote my original Lovesac Sactional review, so I figured this would be a good time for an update to the review.
We still have the original pieces, plus we’ve added some more: a couple of more bases and backs to make a pair of armless chairs for the dining room, plus a third base for the original ‘couch’ in the living room to make an ‘L’.
- Our covers have (mostly) held up well.
- We’ve run some of the covers through the wash a couple of times in order to clean some stairs and general dirt – try that with a regular sewn-on cover!
- One cover has a thread that started to come out, but it didn’t keep unthreading – it has been stable for a year. I try to keep that cover away from the heaviest-used sections.
- We’ve been considering buying a different style of cover, and a bit darker; the standard cover can be a little rough after a while, and the light color that we got shows off dirt. But oh, the cost! We’re keeping an eye on sales, which seem to come up periodically.
- We definitely tell which cushions are newer, as they’re firmer.
- The cushions seem to firm up a bit if they’re not used.
- Cushion rotation is a must, but that’s easy.
- The bases:
- do get easier to separate over time.
- are so low to the ground that they don’t capture much trash, which is awesome
- are not too heavy to slide, and the felt pads do prevent scratching.