This shall come as no surprise to anyone that lives in or near Boston: my car got hit by another car while driving in downtown Boston. This is an every day occurrence, and is why many people avoid driving downtown.
- my car got hit
- it must be fixed
- we didn’t make the appointment that I was picking up Alpha child for
- nobody was hurt (in either car)
- the damage is relatively minor
- it wasn’t my fault
- I have a dashcam 🙂
Turn on the closed captioning for additional viewing fun!
Note several so-very-Boston things that occur in this video:
- a car crash in perfect driving conditions (shouldn’t happen)
- the two guys on the sidewalk that briefly glance in our direction, then keep going (principal of don’t-get-involved)
- the woman who takes advantage of the break in traffic to jaywalk (no fucks left to give)
Sadly, the other driver was scurrilous and claimed that I had swerved from the left lane into the right before stopping suddenly. (That would also be a very Boston thing to do, if it had happened.) Our insurance companies found in my favor after reviewing the dashcam footage, and my car’s damage is fully paid for – nothing out of pocket, no deductible.
I will not drive without a dashcam ever again. I wish I could provide a review of my particular unit but, sadly, it’s not made anymore – a review would be pointless.
I do recommend that anyone and everyone get a dashcam, though. Besides proving the details of driving incidents, you can accidentally capture some really cool stuff.
If you like watching dashcam footage, may I recommend dashcamgifs on reddit?