- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium stalks broccoli
- 1 large red bell pepper
- ¾ pound pasta twists (about 4½ cups)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion.
- Separate the broccoli tops from the stems, cut the stems and tops into bite-size pieces. Coarsely chop the red bell pepper.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes, or according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, warm of 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the garlic onion mixture and stir-fry until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the broccoli tops and stems, the bell pepper, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan and bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the vegetables and sauce. Serve with warm Italian bread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it’s ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it’s just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Baked Fish — More than a Billion Recipes (5x12x3x12x11x12x5x12x12x6 = 1,231,718,400)
From http://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinary/comments/19x3ak/should_modern_recipes_be_consultative_or/c8s3gqz (Ken-G)
I call this a recipe template. It is a spreadsheet but shown below in text outline format.
Container (choose 1 of 5)
- Au Gratin Pan
- Baking Dish
- Single Serve
Fish (choose 1 of 12), guideline 1 pound
- Dorado/Mahi Mahi
Fat (choose 1-2 of 3), guideline 2-4 Tbsp
Liquid (choose 2-3 of 12), guideline 1/2 Cup
- Lemon Juice
- Lime Juice
- White Wine
- Balsamic Vin
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Teriyaki Sauce
Extras (choose 0-3 0f 11), guideline <1/4 Cup
- Green Onion
- Bacon Bits
Fruit/Veg (choose 0-2 of 12), guideline – not too much
- Bell Pepper
- Cajun Trinity
- Creole Mix
Cheese (choose 0-1 of 5), guideline 1/4-1/2 Cup
Spices/Herbs (choose 2-3 of 12), guideline 1/2 tsp each
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chile Flakes
Crust (choose 0-1 of 12), guideline <1 Cup
- Corn Flakes
- Flour/Egg Batter
- Panko/Bread Cr
- Pine Nuts
- Sesame Seeds
Oven Setting (choose 1 of 6), guideline Hotter=Crispier
- 325° 30-40 min
- 350° 20-30 min
- 375° 15-20 min
- 400° 10-15 min
- 450° 8-10 min
- 500° 5-8 min