- 1 1/2 cups of rice
- 3 cups of water
- half a spoonful of minced/chopped garlic
- half a spoonful of chicken bullion
Place all above ingredients in a rice cooker, and kick it off. It should be done in about 25 minutes
- 1/2 inch thick Pork chops
- 1 Tbsp butter for each chop
- Italian breadcrumbs (about a cup)
- Parmesan cheese (enough to add some yellow to the bread crumbs)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet on the stove over about low-medium heat.
- On a plate, mix the Parmesan and the bread crumbs.
- On another, microwave-safe, plate melt the butter
- Dip the pork chops in the butter on both sides, and then dredge through the breadcrumbs. Place them on the nice, hot skillet.
- Once they are all on the skillet, give them a couple of minutes, and then flip them all over. Cook them for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Place the whole skillet in the oven for 15 minutes (for 1″ chops, 25 minutes).
Serve with the rice, applesauce, and some green veggies. Makes as many chops as you need.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium stalks broccoli
- 1 large red bell pepper
- ¾ pound pasta twists (about 4½ cups)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion.
- Separate the broccoli tops from the stems, cut the stems and tops into bite-size pieces. Coarsely chop the red bell pepper.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes, or according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, warm of 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the garlic onion mixture and stir-fry until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the broccoli tops and stems, the bell pepper, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan and bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the vegetables and sauce. Serve with warm Italian bread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it’s ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it’s just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Baked Fish — More than a Billion Recipes (5x12x3x12x11x12x5x12x12x6 = 1,231,718,400)
From http://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinary/comments/19x3ak/should_modern_recipes_be_consultative_or/c8s3gqz (Ken-G)
I call this a recipe template. It is a spreadsheet but shown below in text outline format.
Container (choose 1 of 5)
- Au Gratin Pan
- Baking Dish
- Single Serve
Fish (choose 1 of 12), guideline 1 pound
- Dorado/Mahi Mahi
Fat (choose 1-2 of 3), guideline 2-4 Tbsp
Liquid (choose 2-3 of 12), guideline 1/2 Cup
- Lemon Juice
- Lime Juice
- White Wine
- Balsamic Vin
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Teriyaki Sauce
Extras (choose 0-3 0f 11), guideline <1/4 Cup
- Green Onion
- Bacon Bits
Fruit/Veg (choose 0-2 of 12), guideline – not too much
- Bell Pepper
- Cajun Trinity
- Creole Mix
Cheese (choose 0-1 of 5), guideline 1/4-1/2 Cup
Spices/Herbs (choose 2-3 of 12), guideline 1/2 tsp each
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chile Flakes
Crust (choose 0-1 of 12), guideline <1 Cup
- Corn Flakes
- Flour/Egg Batter
- Panko/Bread Cr
- Pine Nuts
- Sesame Seeds
Oven Setting (choose 1 of 6), guideline Hotter=Crispier
- 325° 30-40 min
- 350° 20-30 min
- 375° 15-20 min
- 400° 10-15 min
- 450° 8-10 min
- 500° 5-8 min